Friday, August 3, 2012

My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent


When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.
Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...


My Soul to Save:
The second book in the Soul Screamers Saga picks up right where the last book left off. I give this book *****. Most sequels I am stuck reading 1/2 of the book that recaps the book before, this one starts immediately and sprinkles in the past as you read not interrupting the story.
Kaylee's dad is making up for lost time in uber protective mode as she learns to harness her "Gifts".
Tod has a much larger role in this story which is good at times and scary at others. After reading this story I'll definitely never look at Hollywood the same.

The Netherworld comes alive and terrifies you with it's creatures, and man eating vegetation! I feel drawn into the Nether world and the imagery is INTENSE!

Even though Addison is a victim I find it hard to like her though I'm compelled to sympathize with her struggles.
I found this book hard to put down and the series is eventful and it flows nicely so I'm truly excited to read the next book My Soul To Keep  Happy Reading!
Lacuna Coil is a must to listen to while reading this series! http://youtu.be/VTT6picaCoQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Hop!