Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent




She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.


The first book in the Soul Screamers Saga I give this story *****. Kaylee is relate able and Emma is lovable! I had reservations about this story, but right away this story sucks you in and holds you until the end then leaves you wanting more!

I love the flow of this story and who doesn't love action, Suspense, and death? The characters are multi dimensional and lifelike: Kaylee the abandoned motherless outcast, Nash the heroic heartthrob who can melt my heart any day, Tod for a little comedy relief, Emma the hot girl who has time for the local nobody, Harmony the mother we all wish we had, and Sophie the girl you love to hate...

The book is set in Texas with a few references to other cities.  The actual details of the settings could have been beefed up a little, but the the events of the story kept the pace moving smoothly.

Some moments of the book were hard to read due to the intense emotional element. Rachel Vincent knows how to write a gripping novel.

There were moments that brought tears to my eyes, made me laugh, and kept me on the edge of my seat. I have recommended this story and would to any one with a love of Mythology twisted into modern life. I look forward to reading the next book My Soul To Save. Happy Reading!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6315602-my-soul-to-take for more information.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Hop!