Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent


My Soul to Keep:

Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.Until something does.Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked.And so is someone else…

 The third book of the Soul Screamers Saga keeps in true form with the two previous books...enticing.  From the first page Rachel Vincent pulls you in and if I hadn't been reading on a tablet I'd have a pointy nose from the inside of the book!

I give this book a reluctant ***** due to the fact that Kaylee broke my heart. The writing as always is impeccable. I don't think I may ever be able to criticize Rachel Vincent's writing. I can only complain that life (even fiction) doesn't always turn out the way I'd like it to.

With that said I love the growth of the characters! Tod has emerged in his own right as loyal to a fault. I find myself liking him more than I intended to. On the plus side, I like Sophie less than I thought I could. Her character may never grow, but every story needs a villian and Sophie gives the Hellions a run for thier money.  Emma's life gets more complicated due to the Netherworld's ever constant presence in Kaylee's life, but she takes in stride in true Emma style. The things she deals with and yet remains by Kaylee's side is something to envy in a friendship. Minor characters make major appearences in this book leaving white knuckles to the reader.

Avari the Hellion of Avarice and his unrelenting quest for Kaylee's soul takes a sickening turn in this book. This time he makes an offer she may not be able to refuse. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did and if not..."It's not my problem".  I am too eager to read the next book in the series My Soul to Steal  Happy Reading!
I find that Closer by Kings of Leon is a must have while reading this book:
For more information check out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Hop!