Sunday, February 10, 2013

Author Interview with Ashley N. Pearce

After waking from a nightmare filled with death and despair, Aidriana is tormented repeatedly by her dreams. When events from the dream begin to happen in her life, she becomes paranoid that the nightmare could be some sort of premonition. Anxiety leads her on a path of random blackouts and strange visions. Aidriana is left to decide what is real and what is not. Nothing is what it seems.


So I get the wonderful privilege to sit down and have a chat with brand new author Ashley N. Pearce as her debut novel Intuitions Nightmare that has just become available on Amazon.com.


When and why did you begin writing?

- I have been writing since I was a kid. I remember having these really cool book making months in school and we would all write a kids story. We would put them into a blank book and then have a little book reading day so all of us could read the other student's books. From there I progressively wrote more and more. When I got to middle school, poetry became a really important emotional outlet for me. I think if anything writing has been so important to me because I feel like it keeps me sane.

What inspired you to write your first book?

- Honestly, boredom inspired me. I wrote the first version of this book in my Junior year of high school. I use to let people read what I had done in class while I wrote more. After I finished it, I just kept it on a hard drive and forgot about it. When I got to my Junior year of college, boredom inspired me yet again so I got out the hard drive and read it. Considering it was written when I was 16, I decided to rewrite it and somehow came up with the story line that ended up being so crucial to the twist it didn't have before.

Who designed your covers?

- My best friend Julie Meyer designed the cover for me. She went to college for graphic design and wanted to help me out.

Who is your favorite author? What strikes you the most about their work?

- Christopher Pike is probably my favorite. I am absolutely in love with the Thirst series. The way he puts mythology and religion into that story just blows my mind. I really started becoming really open minded after reading those books and have expanded my reading choices quite a bit.

Is there anything specific you would like to say to your readers?

- Well first and foremost, I want to say thank you for reading because this is a dream I've had since childhood and it is amazing to be able to experience it. Secondly, I would like to say that no matter how many doubts you may have, if you want something then go for it. Try, fail, and try again. Everyone should get a chance to experience their deepest desire and if you never try, then you will never experience it!

What book (if any) are you currently reading?

- Currently, I am reading Until I die by Amy Plum. I'm not very far in the book yet just because I picked a busy time to start it but the first book was interesting and I always get sucked into books that don't end. I am the type of person that just wants to know what the ending is and it motivates me to read!
Well thank you so much Ashley for taking the time out of your day to be here with me my readers and I truly appreciate it! 
There you have it folks download Intuitions Nightmare to your kindle device today!
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Hop!