Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies

A Beautiful Dark Series Book #2- A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies
 
As I finished A Fractured Light something tugs inside of me reminding me that this story is so familiar...I may have read a similar story before. I felt that I knew where the ending was heading before I got there. I know I'll figure it out sooner or later, probably later ha ha.

With that said I have been a fan of the "Fallen Angel" story line for as long as I can remember and from the moment I read A Beautiful Dark I have been dying to read this book.  While so much of this story has been told time and again it's also fresh and beautifully written. With the exception of the overly used adjective "Inky". It's not just this book it's been in SO many YA books lately...

This book picks up right at the ending of A Beautiful dark (Which I LOVE) and Skye is healing not only physically, but emotionally from being betrayed. As she learns how to control her powers she also has to learn who to trust. Raven is a character you love to hate and her role in Skye's life just keeps getting bigger as Cassie and Ian prove themselves to be the world's best BFFs. Cryptic? I know, but I guess you're just going to have to trust me and read this series!

Fans of Hush, Hush will probably eat this story up.  I read the WHOLE book in 5 hours with little breaks because I was so engulfed and wanting to know where Skye and Asher's journey would lead only....It's just beginning really. So I'm glad to have read it and I'm sad because I have no idea of when to expect book 3.  I'm moving on now to Book 10 of the House of Night Series : Hidden
Happy Reading!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Hop!