Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Soul Screamers #7: With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent










Title: With All My Soul
Series: Soul Screamers
Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre: Young Adult
Published: 03/26/2013
Synopsis:
What does it mean when your school is voted the most dangerous in America? It's time to kick some hellion butt...

After not really surviving her junior year (does "undead" count as survival?), Kaylee Cavanaugh has vowed to take back her school from the hellions causing all the trouble. She's going to find a way to turn the incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another in order to protect her friends and finish this war, once and forever.
But then she meets Wrath and understands that she's closer to the edge than she's ever been. And when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realizes she can't save everyone she loves without risking everything she has....
Why I read this book?:
In actuality, I've been foaming at the mouth for quite some time to get my hands on this book! From the moment that I was recommended and read My Soul to Lose I fell in love with every aspect of the story. Every book I read I just devoured; captivated and in L♥VE with every character as I met them (except Sophie and Sabine), but I grew to like them eventually too. The whole story of the Bean Sidhe a.k.a "Banshee" as told by Rachel Vincent is new, exciting, and totally enjoyable!
What I Liked:
There are so many things that I liked about this book, but we'll start with my favorite; I wasn't forced to reread the last chapter of Before I Wake rewritten as chapter One! I like my refreshers "sprinkled" in. Next, I also liked the "Growth" of the characters (Except Kaylee) Sabine, Emma/Lydia/Emily, Nash, and even Sophie seem to have mentally grown and developed quite a bit since previous novels. I ALWAYS like the action and suspense.
What I Didn't Like:
This has no relevance on the ACTUAL writing I was just irked with Kaylee acting like an numb nut and leaving Tod to do dumb stuff...
Memorable Moments:
"Do you trust me Tod?" "With everything I have an everything I am. With all my soul."
Overall Impression:
I L♥VE these characters and I'm sad to see them go, but I'm sure I'll pick this series up and read it again and again. So it's with a heavy heart that I'll say "Goodbye for now".
Happy Reading!
Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Hop!