Monday, October 8, 2012

Covet by Melissa Darnell




 
I have been waiting for this book for a very long time. The problem was that I was so excited when this was released, it had been so long I'd completely forgotten what happened in the 1st book. So I read Book #1- Crave then got started on Book #2- Covet.  This will be a combo review of BOTH books.
 
The series takes place in East Texas in Jacksonville. Most of the story's setting is in the local high school and dreams. There isn't a lot of detail on the scenes because if you've been in one high school you've been in them all...
 
The main characters are Tristan Coleman and Savannah Colbert they had grown up together and then were pulled apart in the 4th grade for unknown reasons. During the years between their separation and freshman year of high school Savannah is subject to a variety of bullying from the other kids she was also pulled away from in elementary.  The kids are members of an elite group called the Clann. It's rumored that the Clann has magical abilities and that Savannah is a dangerous influence on the kids.  What they don't know is that she's more than a bad influence she's deadly. She's a 1/2 witch 1/2 Vampire and she's attracted to the blood of the most powerful Clann members.
 
Book #2- Covet picks up where Book #1- Crave ends there is no long review of the 1st book (Which as my readers know I hate anyway).  This time the secrets are out and not everyone will be left standing for the final showdown.  There is so much action in Covet that from the moment I started reading I couldn't put it down finishing 473 pages in a day! 
 
As for this series I would say it's one of the only TRUE Young Adult books I've read lately. There is NO profanity or sexual situations like the other books I've read. It may seem like a downfall to some, but when I go to a library looking for YA books they're in the "Teen" section and what I read isn't at all "Teen" approved reading. I would let my teenage daughter read this series with no worries. Thank You Melissa Darnell for a quality read!  I have posted the alternate covers because I like them more due to the fact that Savannah has long red hair not short blond hair.
Happy Reading!
 
 
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Hop!