Friday, August 24, 2012

Beautiful Demons by Sarra Cannon

What can I say about this book? How about I love it and I want more?! This book stands out from the other YA paranormal fiction I have read lately. I can actually identify on an emotional level with most of the characters. I know that my opinion may mean very little to some, but I have read too many books to know what the heck is going on. Beautiful Demons is in a class all it's own.

Harper Madison is a very realistic character obviously except what makes her different. Many of us know the pain of a broken home and the very real feeling of being not wanted.  Add to that the shuffle of being a foster kid who is more of an inconvenience than a broken child in need of love or at least basic human decency.

When you could change all of your past troubles for well, not love but acceptance why wouldn't you take it? If you could be popular, and date a star football player what would you be willing to give up?

I have never been a fan of cheerleaders, but Sarra Cannon paints them in a light that I probably never will either. While reading Beautiful Demons I knew that it was fiction, but the way it's written with a town so real you might want to move there, then again maybe not. Such beautifully written characters that  this could just almost maybe happen. Maybe.

I felt drawn to Harper from the moment I started reading this book and the more I got to know her I liked her. Then throw in mystery, hunky guys, Action, and.... I won't give ANYTHING away.  I will say that this book is a must read and then read again and again.  Sarra Cannon is an exceptional writer who leaves you wanting more!  I'm looking forward to book 2  Inner Demons. So join me and tell me what you think.

P.S. This book is FREE through  Amazon.com Read it, Love it, then buy the rest of the series!

Happy Reading!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Hop!